August 14, 2010

Wearable Dreams

One of my favorite things about blogging is getting to meet other bloggers and building friendships with them. When I first started blogging, I had the opportunity to meet a fellow blogger named Jesa, of Wearable Dreams. Since then, she and I have traded emails, and if time allows in the future, we hope to do a meet up someday. She is a truly genuine person who is as friendly and down to earth as a girl can get. Oh, and did I mention she has killer style? A cross between romantic and edgy, she flawlessly pulls off any look. Her signature? She always adds a bright pop of color to make her outfits stand out, whether its a turquoise pair of heels or a hot pink flower, she's sure to catch your eye. I recently caught up with her during a break in her hectic schedule and she graciously answered the questions I put forth. Keep reading to learn more about this talented and sweetheart of a person:

Basic info:
Name: Jesa
Age: 24
Location: USA
Occupation: Painter & Musician
Blog: Wearable Dreams


Hi Jesa! Glad I could get a minute of your time, I know you're pretty busy. Let's start with the basic questions everyone usually asks: Who/what/why did you start blogging? Any bloggers you're inspired by?

I first started blogging as a way to keep in touch with loved ones while living in Florence, Italy. I loved it so much that I started a public one, once moving back to the states. I love any kind of street style blog, especially when they cover more than one location.

Wow, I never knew you lived in Florence! And lucky for us you kept blogging! What is your personal style like, and do you have any fashion icons?

My personal style is probably very reflective of my artwork. I love color!


What has your personal blogging experience been like? Any memorable experiences? What do you consider positives and negatives of blogging?


A positive of blogging for me would be being able to connect with other creatives or with people I might not normally bump into. It's seriously serendipity like when I get to meet other creative types (like you). There can be negatives, but nothing that outweighs the positives. So far so good!

I totally agree- let's hope for the best! Any future plans for your blog? Where do you see your blog in the next year or two?

I see my blog incorporating lots of other creative pursuits in the future.

That would be awesome, since you're so talented and artistic! If you could give advice to new bloggers, what would it be?

Be wholeheartedly yourself and if it's not fun, don't do it. Quite cheesy but honest.

Random questions!

Fave food? Eggplant Parmesan
Fave music? Everything! If I have to pick just one, neo soul.
Fave color? Maroon
Fave fashion era? Eh.
Fave movie? Pride and Prejudice
Fave cartoon? Strawberry shortcake from when I was little. I also loved beauty and the beast.

Ok, now let's do a fashion comparison. I'll name two things, you tell me which you prefer better:
Alexander McQueen v. Alexander Wang? McQueen
Gold v. Silver: Both please
Chanel v. Louis Vuitton:
Chanel
Wedge v. Heel: Heel
Designer v. Thrifted: Both please
America's Next Top Model v. Project Runway: Project Runway
Skirts v. pants: Skirts
Kate Moss v. Alexa Chung: Flip a coin
Fashion shows v. Street style: Flip a coin
Oversize purse v. Clutches: Oversize purse
Ashley Olsen v. Mary Kate Olsen: I like both equally, but tend to go with Mary Kate a pinch of an inch more ;)

Thanks so much Jesa! It was a pleasure getting to know more about you, and I'm excited to see what else you come up with in the future!

Thanks for the interview Suzy! Adore you lots :)

Be sure to stop by Jesa's blog, Wearable Dreams! Not only will you be inspired, but you're likely to make a new friend as well.

Follow beneaththeglass on Twitter

Follow beneath the glass