March 15, 2011

Colors and Textures

Patchwork silk kimono- vintage, via Market Publique; Boots- Sam Edelman


The post title is pretty self explanatory- the silk kimono mixed with the throw and pillows make for a luxurious combination of silky and velvety fabrics and vivid colors. A broken remote and crappy weather prevented me from showcasing this vintage kimono in a more properly executed form, but such is life, oh well.

Moving on. I had actually planned on doing a post/tutorial explaining how to use a DSLR camera in layman's terms, but as usual, I tried to do too much and it got away from me. Is anyone actually interested in the tutorial? If so, I will attempt to do it again, in a simpler form.

This week has already been hectic and I feel like I haven't had time to breathe. Think I'm going to try to relax a bit and work on some long planned sewing projects. Let me know if you want me to do the tutorial! I aim to please :)

On a more serious note, the devastation in Japan has been a sad and thought provoking issue. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. I strongly encourage everyone to donate to the Red Cross if possible. If everyone is able to contribute even a little, it would go a long way towards helping them. Donations can be given here. My heart goes out to those who suffered as a direct result of this tragedy or who has friends or family affected.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket