October 19, 2010

Seeing Red



I made a resolution that I would absolutely not dye my hair until all the old dye had completely grown out. But being the impatient person I am, who is constantly in need of change, I broke that resolution and once again dyed my once shiny and healthy locks. The obsession started right out of high school, and I have continuously dyed my hair a variety of colors ever since. Combined with blow drying, curling and straightening, my hair is now the texture of straw. Which is probably why I often get asked if I have hair extensions, I take it to mean cheap ones at that. But I just couldn't resist dying it this burgundy shade that glows bright red in the sun. I did it in sections to blend with my black hair for some dimension. I have had several bad experiences with at home dye jobs- and this one was no exception. To get my hair to lighten, I have to first pre-lighten it, then dye over it. In this instance, I had bought two boxes of dye, one lightening, and the other the red color. Well, the store forgot to put my regular dye in the bag, which of course I failed to notice at first. So after bleaching my hair to a hideous brassy orange shade, I then had to go to the store with my head looking like a pumpkin. I went extra early in the morning, because with my luck, I would have run into someone I know. After it was all said and done though, I was pleased with the results. However, my hair takes to dye funny, so it is a little patchy in spots, so I'm continually tossing my hair around....but to others hopefully its coming across as playful and sexy, haha.


Had an extremely hard time getting up on here, and had to jump down...not a good idea when pregnant and in 5" heels.

I found this blazer at Goodwill, and it is now one of my favorite pieces. I love the geometric-aztec print and the oversize fit. I thought my turquoise necklace from H&M gave the outfit a nice pop of color. Now I don't know if it's because of being pregnant and my weight is off balance or what, but I had a difficult time walking in these boots today, almost faceplanted several times. Maybe I need to come to terms with reality and realize that I shouldn't be walking in heels this late in the game. Or maybe I should just stop walking.

SAY HI TO ME ON TWITTER!

Photobucket

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK

Photobucket

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN'

Photobucket