October 8, 2010

Black Magic Woman



First off, let me just apologize for the quality of these pics. Not pleased at all how they turned out, but was in a hurry and didn't have time to mess with the lighting and stuff.

Anyways, awhile back I had been oogling a long, sheer maxi skirt on the American Apparel website. It came in black but also a gorgeous royal blue. Well, after much deliberation I finally decided to purchase it, only to find out they no longer had it. That's what I get for hesitating. Oh well, I thought, I'll just make one, how hard can it be? Let it be known that I am not one of the magically talented seamstresses who can just whip up creations like nobody's business. First of all, my sis has my sewing machine, so I had to sew every stitch by hand. That alone should have been a sign for me to forget it. But when I'm determined, there's no stopping me. So the end result is this skirt that at first glance looks not to bad....but if you saw it in person you'd be having a laugh. The stitching is incredibly crooked, it's a tad longer in front than in back, and I had to put a lace trim on the bottom to cover up my messy hemming. All in all though, I saved myself money, so beggars can't be choosers, right? I also bought other material at the same time since it was on sale, but I have yet to know what to do with it. But maybe I'll wait until I get my sewing machine back.

Have a great weekend everyone!


SAY HI TO ME ON TWITTER!

Photobucket

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK

Photobucket

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN'

Photobucket