May 25, 2010

"Pack Your Bags" Contest Entries

I have finally posted the entries for my "Pack Your Bags" Contest. I thank everyone so much for their patience, as I know the contest was supposed to end awhile ago. But then people said they needed more time, finals were during that time, etc., just not good planning on my part. And in the end, I only have five entries. But that will just make it easier to vote on a winner. So you readers are the judges. Scroll down through the entries and decide which one is the most deserving of the prize. The overall theme was to pick a destination you'd love to travel to and dress accordingly. Optional details could be included, such as who you'd bring, what you'd do, etc. so keep in mind when judging which entry made you imagine what it would be like to be at that destination.

*UPDATE: I forgot to mention that voting will last until next Friday (June 4th) so be sure to get your votes in by then!

1. Angie of Pandaphilia
"This Paris-inspired outfit is pretty much entirely Forever21 Tres Paris collection and I fell in love so my Mom bought it for me for Christmas : ) I would like to go to France someday - it is my dream! I'm very enamored with the romance of French culture and I secretly want to get proposed to in Paris x3.

I'd bring my boyfriend! He speaks French and has been to Paris before, so he can show me around. I dream of drinking coffee in a European styled coffee shop and reading novels between shopping for chic Parisian style.

I want to dance on the top of the Eiffel Tower (yes, the tippy top), but I don't think they would allow it. We can always dream, right? <3"



2. Jina
"I will try to participate in the contest. The theme 'Club' I've never been to the club. Just the thought would be fun. I'll be at the club, I'll take glow sticks, polaroid, camcorder. I will give the people distributing glow sticks, I'm having a photo taken with a Polaroid. It will be a celebration of a lifetime for me."



3. Liana of Beauty Bag 411

"I have always wanted to go to Paris, among the many other places I would travel. Of course I want to go because of the awesome fashion (I would die to be able to go to a fashion show!), but also I love the architecture, food, and atmosphere it conjures up in my mind. It just seems so chic and sophisticated."



4. Nikki of Ewwitsnikki



5. Jenna of The Petite Blogger

"My country of destination would be Egypt. I am just fascinated by pyramids. I'm just puzzled how pyramids could be manmade and I think I really need to see one for real to believe it!!! I also would love to ride on the back of a camel in the sand dunes... I think it would be one hell of an awesome adventure!

So my outfit was really inspired by egyptian goddess but reinterpreted in my own way. Didn't want to go all white and gold and wanted to bring some colours in! I'm simply wearing my American Eagle white shorts, random strapless top, my colourful sarong that I tied on one shoulder to wear as a drapy tunic, Ralph Lauren heels and my DIY headchain.

I would love to wear this outfit to a dinner party in the middle of the sand dunes and under the stars with belly dancers entertaining all the guests. It would be certainly be a night to remember for the rest of my life!"



Who do you choose to win?

View Results
Create a Blog Poll




Follow beneaththeglass on Twitter
Follow beneath the glass