December 8, 2010

Just Throw It Together


Sweater- Cheap Monday, via Karmaloop.com; Dress worn as skirt- thrifted; Beanie- Forever 21; Combat boots- thrifted

As I get closer to my due date (two weeks to go) I find that I'm having difficulty being motivated to put together an outfit. I've spent the last several months mostly in leggings and pajamas. I've forgotten what it's like to wear jeans, or anything that zips. It will be a relief to be able to wear clothing without looking (and feeling) like I swallowed a watermelon whole. Not to mention I have items I've been saving to wear. But today I had to run errands, so I managed to put together this bummish bag lady outfit. Kinda liked how it turned out though. This sweater is so comfy and floppy, I've been wearing it religiously. And this dress I'm wearing as a skirt is great because the top is elastic. With some clever planning I've managed to avoid resorting to maternity wear. I have to say though, my feet have apparently gotten pretty swollen, because for the last couple months, every single pair of shoes I own have been squeezing them like lemons. That's why I can't wear rings anymore either, because my fingers look like mini sausages. Ah, the joy of motherhood.

And I think I'm getting sick now, with all the running around in the cold weather. Just what I need now. Off to drink some tea and take a hot bath. Btw, been drinking tea like mad lately, if anyone has some good suggestions for tea let me know!