September 15, 2010

In Focus





My neglect of the blog is due to the fact that I have FINALLY purchased a new camera (Canon EOS Rebel XS) and have spent my spare time trying to re-familiarize myself with this type of camera. Up until now I've been suffering with a regular ol' point and shoot, but now that I have an SLR I need to reteach myself how to use it. Believe it or not, it's been about 8 years since I last used one (in high school, yeah, I know I look young). The above photos are my attempts with different settings, of random items lying in my yard (mostly Austin's toys). The last one was taken by Mike, as he is as excited about the camera as I am. I'm actually getting the hang of it quite well, but it's a totally different story when I put the camera on a tripod and attempt to take self portraits. Totally different experience from a point and shoot. But bear with me, because if I'm known for anything, it's my stubbornness, and one way or another, I will figure it out.....eventually.

On an unrelated note, I'm getting super excited because we're finally getting the baby's room ready for her arrival. It's going to be so adorable...although I'll admit that originally I had a more unique and vintage idea in mind, but I had to remember that this isn't only my baby, so I went with a more conventional and equally cute setting to please everyone. And if anyone has any unique girl names, feel free to share :)


SAY HI TO ME ON TWITTER!

Photobucket

JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK

Photobucket

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN'

Photobucket